Directorate of Industrial Training
Business, Technical, Vocational Education and Training (BTVET) program has continued develop in a manner the responds more flexibly to changing work and employment patterns and in a way that closes the gap between the world of work and training.
To achieve this, the Business, Technical, Vocational Education and Training Act, 2008; strengthens BTVET through separation of delivery and quality assurance functions and greater involvement of business. The Act formalises a number of reforms including:
- The introduction and promotion of modular training which is flexible to suit the trainees occupational or skills requirements;
- The introduction of assessment that is competency – based;
- The introduction of certification based on a Vocational Qualification Framework;
- Recognition of prior learning;
- Recognition of formal and non-formal training
- To develop and implement quality assurance mechanisms
The Directorate of Industrial Training is guided by the Industry Training Council who in turn provides oversight of the DIT and approvals of policies for BTVET.
Click here to open the ATP Catalog
NEW JULY 2009 Waitron, Bricklayer, Plumber, Hotel Room Attendant