acceptance of terms
the purpose of the portal is to provide an open access communications bridge between training providers, communities, BTVET related organisations and institutions, and other partners working on an integrated approach to increase the linkage BTVET related information. the intention is to eliminate the costly and inefficient reworking of materials and limited information exchange by providing a dynamic and distributed mechanism for sharing and managing content. the portal provides an easy process for searching, viewing, adding, and editing information and a mechanism for adding commentary or anecdotal information to all items and events posted to the portal. The ability to include comment enables public discussion adding value to the information.
this portal may be used only for lawful purposes. users must comply with all applicable local, state, and national laws, regulations, or conventions, including without limitation those related to data privacy, communications, and exportation of technical or personal data. Users may not use this site for any criminal or illegal activities or any activities that might be legally actionable.
Uganda BTVET reserves the right to determine what constitutes net abuse and objectionable conduct, and may refuse service and/or terminate membership in its sole discretion, including without limitation if Uganda BTVET believes that user's conduct violates applicable law, or is harmful to the interests of the Government.
examples of objectionable conduct and conduct that violates these guidelines are:
- posting of any text or images that are sexually explicit, pornographic, racially or ethnically objectionable or grossly offensive to the online community
- posting of defamatory and libelous statements or other statements that would violate any third party's privacy or publicity rights
- impersonating any person or using a name that you are not authorized to use
- planning illegal activities
- posting of any content that infringes any third party's intellectual property rights or violates any confidentiality agreements
- introducing viruses, worms, harmful codes, or trojan horses
- spamming, flaming, or other similar activities
- violations of system and network security are prohibited. The user may not misuse system resources including, but not limited to employing posts or programs that consume excessive cpu time or storage space; permitting use of mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, pop accounts, or auto-responders other than for your own account.
access and portal membership
the general public is allowed access to all publicly available area of the portal. portal membership is by invitation. for more information on portal membership email the portal administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
copyright and fair use
unless a copyright is indicated, information on the portal is in the public domain and may be reproduced, published or otherwise used without the portal member's permission. we request only that the portal member be cited as the source of the information and that any photo credits or bylines be similarly credited to the photographer or author or portal member, as appropriate.
if a copyright is indicated on a photo, graphic, or any other material, permission to copy these materials must be obtained from the original source.
this copyright notice does not pertain to information at web sites other than the Uganda BTVET Portal. fair use is allowed under the context of using copyrighted works for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, and is not an infringement. for works falling under fair use we require that you place the following notice in the contents "copyright" field:
"XYZ". if you believe that a copyright infringement has occurred, please notify the portal administrator (email@example.com).