Bbira vocational training school was started in 1994 and it become operational in the same year. It was originally founded by DUNCHURCH AID with Church of Uganda Planning, Development and Rehabilitation (PDR). The school started with two courses at that time namely Carpentry and Joinery plus Brick laying and Concrete Practice . Now it offers six courses in various fields. These are:
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Bricklaying and concrete Practice.
- Electrical installation and fitting.
- Motor vehicle mechanics
- Tailoring and Cutting garments.
- Providing vocational training to school leavers at different levels.
- To equip young people with practical skills and enable them acquire certificates for both UNEB and D.I.T that would help them to upgrade and become self reliant.
- Provide training in gainful skills.
- To implement PDR activities in the field of education through training vocational skills to the disadvantaged and vulnerable children.